- I have two sets of twins. (4 kids under 2 years old)
- I am their sole caretaker for at least 8 hours a day, 5 days a week.
- Thus far, I have been fairly successful at breastfeeding my second set.
- My husband and I take our four kids with us to the grocery store.
- I am responsible for the weekly maintenance of 80 finger and toe nails, not including my own.
- I never slow down, physically or mentally.
Do these facts make me a “SuperMom”? People use this term in reference to me on the regular these days. I’m flattered, but I don’t feel like I deserve it. The truth is, when I’m not focused on God and forget to give Him the glory, I’m a total mess. My house gets out of control with clutter, my older kids spend the majority of their day watching TV in their play yard, I have to supplement formula to my baby girls because my body lacks the things necessary to produce milk for two babies, and I say hurtful things to my husband. However, when I do start my day off in His Word and pray and meditate on God throughout the day, He helps me manage my mountain of responsibilities like a pro. The difference is absolutely miraculous! I’m just a Mom. The real super hero in this equation is God. He is superLoving, superForgiving, superGracious, and, let’s not forget, superSneaky. When everything in my day seems to time out just right, I’m certain God is answering my prayer. When I slip up and try to manage on my own, eventually I have to step away from the chaos long enough to reach out for His Almighty guiding hand. After all, that’s the reason He gave me four kids under two. They are a constant reminder of how much I need Him. I am HumanMom. God is more than Super. I think we make a great team, though. So, I guess, you can call us SuperMom!
The verses from Jesus Calling this morning were just what I needed, and fit perfectly with the topic of this blog. Take a moment to get into God’s Word right now with these verses:
Luke 1:37 & 2 Corinthians 12:9